To support junior developers with additional capabilities enhancement and increase the capacity of WIUT developers in response to increasing software development demand.
The IT software developers provide support to the Teaching and Learning Community by creating useful applications to enhance and efficiently manage the teaching and administering needs.
- Works with the systems analyst and contributes to the support of WIUT’s IT planning and strategy. Liaise and collaborate with academic staff
- Leads junior level programmers to efficiently implement tasks required by systems analyst
- Monitors junior programmer’s work to maintain technical and architectural guidance on building highly scalable web applications with enterprise level security
- Responsible for the development, debug, and improvement of all our existing web applications.
- Supports special activities and initiatives to service needs and/or enhance procedures, workflow and new products.
- Suggests and designs new tools and applications to improve development efficiency
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by the IT Manager
The appointee should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 1st degree preferably related to the computer science of the University
- Master’s degree is desirable
- English language proficiency equivalent to that for technical writing and some speaking skills
- At least 5 plus years of experience with .Net technologies
- Experience in designing beautiful and functional web applications, complete eye-pleasing wireframe mockups, and bring up demo-ready web applications quickly
- coding and testing experience
Aptitudes, Abilities, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Have strong UI/UX design skills
- Good interpersonal, teaching, presentational and social skill
- Strong knowledge with .Net, C#, Visual Studio
- Good analytical and research skill
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity, energy, patience and tact