Bachelor of Arts (Honors) Commercial Law is a three-year full time course delivered at WIUT. It consists of the subject areas found on an English law degree taught at the University of Westminster, UK, London. The BA in Commercial Law degree course was established and validated in the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2006 to replace BA in the Legal Studies. As a result, in 2006, the BA in Commercial Law degree was validated to deliver commercial law modules with more effective support from the University of Westminster.
Language of Instruction:
- To understand theoretical frameworks and their practical application;;
- To analyse economic theories, concepts and problems;
- To demonstrate knowledge of the core functional areas of Economics;
- To access, integrate, analyse, generate and evaluate qualitative and quantitative information for effective use.
For each stage of your programme, you will take a range of modules. A module normally involves a specific set of classes on some topic, and a specific set of accompanying assignments for you to complete. Course Structure
Entry requirements for the BA Commercial Law have been set in order to select potential students who have proven academic ability and are able to demonstrate a solid foundation of skills in English. The admissions policy aims to attract and recruit motivated applicants across the full range of possible access routes. Students may have a background in any academic discipline. The over-riding principle upon which admission decisions are based is that applicants should be likely to benefit from, and succeed on, the course. Intending students will have to meet age, English language and other general requirements:
Normally applicants will have to reach the age of at least 18 years old at the date of enrolment.
For the purpose of this regulation, the academic year runs from 1st October to 30th September.
English Language and Mathematics Requirement
- Have had their secondary educations through the medium of English and gained grade C or above in the equivalent of GCSE English; or
- Have an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in the writing component or the equivalent score at TOEFL or other University of Westminster recognised English Test according to the WIUT/UoW conversion table; or
- Have successfully completed an appropriate International Foundation course and passed an Academic English Language module.
- Applicants must have an acceptable level of competence in Mathematics. This could be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A pass in an maths test approved by the University of Westminster; or
Grade C or above in GCSE/’O’ Level Mathematics (or its equivalent); or
- A pass in Quantitative Methods on an appropriate Foundation course.
- Applicants must have studied a broad range of subjects and have a school leaving certificate equivalent to GCSE/’O’ Level e.g. the Uzbek Certificate of Secondary Education (Attestat).
In addition applicants should satisfy at a minimum one of the following requirements, namely:
- Successfully completion of an appropriate International Foundation course which includes a pass on an Academic English module or equivalent; or
- Successful completion of the WIUT Lyceum’s Attestat, and the WIUT International Foundation, course including the Academic English module;
Successful completion of the first year of an appropriate degree course in a recognised Uzbek or similar university; or
- Two GCE A level passes (in any subject excluding mother tongue), plus three GCSE passes at grade C or above including English Language and Mathematics; or NC/ND or HNC/HND. (The range of academic disciplines studied is not hereby restricted, but certain vocational courses such as City and Guilds would not satisfy the admissions requirements.); or
- An Advanced General National Vocational Qualification (GNVQ); or
Any other equivalent qualification normally accepted as entry requirements (e.g. International Baccalaureate, etc).
Online application to WIUT for 2017/18 Academic year opens on the 6th of February 2017. All applicants must apply through admission.wiut.uz