EDUCATION / ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
- 1997 – 1999, Master of Business Administration, Major in Finance; Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA, USA);
EMPLOYMENT (WORKING EXPERIENCE):
Have an extensive experience (of more than 18 years) working in Uzbekistan’s financial sector, including the Central Bank of Uzbekistan, commercial banks, credit unions, and the micro-finance sector.
EXPERTISE (RESEARCH AREA/INTEREST):
- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Management
- United Nations Development Program's “Support to Microfinance Sector Development” Project (2010-2011);
- UNDP-financed project “Contemporary developments of financing mechanisms of small businesses and entrepreneurship” (2016);
- UNDP Project "Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness Programme in Uzbekistan" (2017);
- UNDP Project “Support to Investment Climate Improvement in Uzbekistan” (2018);
- Asian Development Bank's Uzbekistan Mortgage Market Development Project (2017-2018).
Supervise BA students since 2014 on topics including marketing, strategy, financial markets development.
Native speaker of Uzbek. Fluent in Russian.
More than 30 publications on the topics of corporate governance, risk management, credit unions and microfinance, and monetary policy.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Charter of Honor awarded by the Central Bank of Uzbekistan for the significant contribution to the development of the Uzbekistan banking system (Diploma #19/4 dated Aug. 30, 2006)
Winner of the Presidential Scholarship Program "UMID", foundation of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan to support education of talented youth abroad (Aug. 1997)
Acting finance and banking consultant for Asian Development Bank's Mortgage Market Development Project.
COURSES, WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS ATTENDED:
- Certificate in Strategies on Minimizing Risks in Banking Organizations, High School of Economics and Management of the Czech Republic (June – July 2013).
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement Principles (Level I), CFA Institute (April 2008).
- Certificate for the EAG Training Seminar for Anti-Money Laundering Evaluators,Eurasian Group in collaboration with World Bank, IMF, FATF, UNODC and MONEYVAL (October 2005 – June 2006).
- Participant of the 59th Guest Observer Courses, Korea Development Bank (2006).
- Participant of Country Seminar on Project Implementation and Administration, Asian Development Bank (November 2003).
- Participant of the World Council of Credit Union’s People-to-People Program training on Credit Union’s Philosophy and Activities (September– October 2000).
- Participant of Credit Union Operations and Supervision Training Program (June 2001).