EDUCATION / ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION:
- 09/2015 – 09/2017: Westminster International University in Tashkent LLM in International Commercial Law with Merit
- 10/2011- 06/2013: Westminster International University in Tashkent Master of Arts in International Business and Management with Merit
- 2006 - 06/2010: Westminster International University in Tashkent Bachelor of Arts in Commercial Law with First Class Honors Certificate of Foundation Studies (distinction)
- 01-02/2010: Study Tour to Germany organized by DAAD Letter of Acknowledgement for Becoming a Recipient of DAAD Scholarship
- 02-03/2006: Civic Workshop organized by Close Up Foundation in Washington, D.C., USA Letter of Acknowledgement for Becoming the Participant of the Workshop Workshop Participation Certificate
- 2005-2006: Olney High School - Olney, Texas, USA School Graduation Diploma with Distinction Medal of Texas Scholar
- 2005-2006: Certificate for Academic Excellence in Government and Economics in Olney High School in the academic year
- 1995-2005: School # 11 named after Abu Ali ibn Sino - Navoi, Uzbekistan Certificate on Distinctive Completion of Studies Certificate on Successful Completion of Studies in a Specialized Bank Class
EMPLOYMENT (WORKING EXPERIENCE):
- 07/2018 - present: The Member of the Court of International Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France and Member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR
- 04/2017 – 05/2018: Counsel to the Party in International Commercial Arbitration Case Initiated under ICC Arbitration Rules
- 2012: The dispute arose out of the FIDIC road construction subcontract agreement
- 04/2017 - present: Lawyer and Head of International Department at PraeLegal Uzbekistan Law Firm
- 10/2014- present: Arbitrator and Coach of Willem C. Vis Moot International Commercial Arbitration Competition
- 10/2015 – present National Coordinator of Willem C. Vis Moot International Commercial Arbitration Competition in Uzbekistan and Organizer of Tashkent Willem C. Vis Pre-Moot
- 09/2013 – present: Senior Lecturer of Commercial Law Department at Westminster International University in Tashkent
- 06/2013 – 09/2013: Interpreter of Program Management Unit of a Project on Road Construction of Asian Development Bank under the Republican Road Fund of the Ministry of Finance
- 12/2010 – 12/2011: Legal Advisor in Human Resources Department of Medical-Sanitary Unit of Navoi Mining and Metallurgical Complex (Navoi)
- 01/2010 – 06/2010: Personal Lawyer and Assistant of the Deputy of People’s Deputy Kengash of Tashkent Region
- 02/2008-12/2009: Personal Lawyer and Assistant of the Deputy of the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
EXPERTISE (RESEARCH AREA/INTEREST):
- International Commercial and Investment Arbitration
- International Commercial Law
- Collaborative Research Project with the University of Westminster: "COTTON CHAINS: MAPPING-OUT CLUSTERS OF INTEREST AND RESPONSIBILITY IN THE UZBEK COTTON INDUSTRY AND COTTON SUPPLY CHAINS"
- PhD Research Topic: "Conciliation as an effective means of settling investment disputes"
- LLM Thesis: "Revisiting conciliation in the settlement of investment disputes"
- MAIBM Thesis: "Culture and International Dispute Resolution: Do these Concepts ever Cross?"
- Undergraduate level thesis: "Settlement of Investment Disputes in Free Industrial-Economic Zone in Navoi Region: An Analysis of the Available Mechanisms and Prospects for Reform"
- Supervision of undergraduate students in the writing of the final year project on topics related to the areas of interest
TEACHING AND LEARNING:
- International Commercial Arbitration
- English Criminal Law
- Introduction to Business Law
- English Company Law.
- Bobokulova, F., 2008. “The Legal Base of Copyrights in Developing Countries”, International WIUT conference 2008, Tashkent.
- Bobokulova, F., 2007. “Implications of the Constitutional Law on the Political Parties in Uzbekistan”, International NSPI conference 2007, Navoi.
- Bobokulova, F., 2010. Dissertation - Settlement of Investment Disputes in Free Industrial-Economic Zone in Navoi Region: An Analysis of the Available Mechanisms and Prospects for Reform. Tashkent: WIUT.
- Bobokulova, F., 2011. “The Effectiveness of Antitrust Law in Uzbekistan”. In: The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Higher Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 2011. National University of Seoul and Navoi State Pedagogical Institute: Problems in Teaching. Seoul: National University of Seoul, pp. 50-55.
- Bobokulova, F., 2011. “Investment Disputes: Alternative Methods of Resolution”. In: The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Higher Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, 2011. National University of Seoul and Navoi State Pedagogical Institute: Problems in Teaching. Seoul: National University of Seoul, pp. 56-61.
- Bobokulova, F., 2013. Master’s Thesis - Culture and International Dispute Resolution: Do these Concepts ever Cross? Tashkent: WIUT.
- Bobokulova, F. “The Settlement Mechanisms of Investment Disputes” // “HUQUQ va BURCH” Social – Legal Journal / (November, 2017). Tashkent: Ministry of Justice.
- Bobokulova, F. “Conciliation as an Effective and Efficient Mechanism of Settling Investment Disputes” // “Advokat” Social-Legal, Scientific Journal / (2017, Issue No. 5)
- Bobokulova, F. “Conciliation as an Effective and Efficient Mechanism to be Employed in Settling Investment Disputes” // 7th Republican Conference organized by the University of World Economy and Diplomacy. - Tashkent.: UWED, 2017, pp.60-65.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- 2016: Three Time Winner of UNESCO UNITWIN OCW/OER Initiative Program Grant
- 2014: The Best Teacher Award is given by Westminster International University in Tashkent
- 2010: Certificate for Participation in the Second Student Olympiad on the topic “Judicial Reforms in the Republic of Uzbekistan: The Best Experience and Prospects” organized by the Supreme Court Research Center of the Republic of Uzbekistan and award of the title “The Best Presenter”
- 2009: Certificate for “The Best and Most Effective Course Representative of Westminster International University in Tashkent in 2008-2009”
- 2007: Award of “Top Eight CFS Student of a 180 student CFS level of WIUT” 2005 Letter of Acknowledgement for Winning FLEX Scholarship sponsored by the US Department of State
- 2005: Diploma for Participation in the Republican Contest on “Consumer Rights” 2005 Diploma for the Second Place in Law Competition in Navoi Region
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
Member of International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France
Consulting state entities and private companies on international dispute settlement and international arbitration
COURSES, WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS ATTENDED:
01/2018: present Online training at International Court of Arbitration under International Chamber of Commerce