Westminster International University in Tashkent hosted Erasmus+ Cactle project meeting on August 30, 2018. Within the framework of CACTLE project University has also organized round-table discussion on "Innovative Methods of Teaching at Higher Education Institution". CUT (Certified University Teachers) Certificates Award Ceremony was also part of the meeting.
CACTLE (Implementing a Central Asian Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship) project intends to make an own input into the professional development of academic staff, as well as development of enterpreneurship skills and competences both in teachers and students, through sharing best practices among project partners. The main aims of the project are as following:
- to qualify and certify HEI-teachers in modern Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business for the target groups: students, employees of private companies/public institutions and entrepreneurs.
- to offer a course program and in class and long-distance training material for further training courses for enterprises/institutions to link the universities to business and industry, using specific modalities of teaching and learning patterns.
- to develop a core-curriculum and teaching and learning material for an accredited elective “Entrepreneurship and Business development” at all participating universities.
Teaching Competency in Economics and Business is the effective use of pedagogical techniques to produce learning outcomes for learners in the fields of economic and business. It involves several dimensions, including the design of curriculum and course content, a variety of learning contexts (including project-based learning, case studies, etc.) and assessment of learning outcomes. Modern Teaching Competency in Economics and Business is aware of changes in employment. These imply a rise in the demand for non-routine cognitive and interpersonal skills. A contemporary mode of learning to develop the competencies of learners of different target groups on the basis of entrepreneurship principles has to be developed because it will be suitable for an environment characterized by uncertainty, speed, complexity and interdisciplinary working. With this view of learning, the role of HEI teachers is changing too. In addition to being a subject expert acquainted with ways to transmit knowledge, university teachers are now required to have effective teaching qualifications.
The "Central Asian Center for Teaching, Learning and Entrepreneurship (CACTLE)" is implemented as a proactive measure in the innovative form of an international acting virtual expert network to support the development of excellence in the field of Teaching Competencies in Economics and Business.
Partners of the project:
- Vienna Institute of Economics and Business (Austria) – the project coordinator;
- Friedrich Alexander University (Nuremberg, Germany);
- University Oberta Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain);
- University of Coruna (Spain);
- The Kyrgyz National University (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- Kirgizstan International University (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- Kyrgyz State University named after I.Arabaev (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- T.Ryskulov New Economic University (Almaaty, Kazakhstan);
- Karaganda Economic University (Karaganda, Kazakhstan);
- Eurasian National University named after L.Gumilyov (Astana, Kazakhstan);
- Bukhara State University (Bukhara, Uzbekistan);
- Fergana State University (Fergana, Uzbekistan)
- Westminster International University in Tashkent (Tashkent, Uzbekistan)