Center for Policy Research and Outreach delightfully introduces three more Policy Briefs produced by our Senior Research Fellows. Policy Briefs by Etenesh Asfaw on "Cotton Industry Reform in Uzbekistan: Implications of Textile Clusters” and "Rural Youth in Agriculture and Rural Development of Uzbekistan" covers agriculture reforms and potential challenges and role of youth in the agriculture industry. The second Policy Brief by Fabrizio Vielmini on "Uzbekistan and the Eurasian Economic Union: Pros and Cons" mainly focuses on future benefits from the accession and challenges during and post-accession process.
1. Policy Brief produced by our Senior Research Fellow Etenesh Asfaw on “Cotton Industry Reform in Uzbekistan: Implications of Textile Clusters” is about current cotton reforms and introduction of new cotton-textile clusters. The new concept of Cotton clusters is expected to improve working conditions and productivity. Find out more
2. Another Policy Brief by Etenesh Asfaw on “Rural Youth in Agriculture and Rural Development of Uzbekistan” mainly focuses on the role of youth in rural development, youth employment and rural transformation. The youth are the resource who can promote economic growth. It is important to coherently demonstrate agriculture value chains are rewarding careers for the rural youth. Find out more
3. Policy Brief on “Uzbekistan and the Eurasian Economic Union: Pros and Cons” is produced by our Senior Research Fellow Fabrizio Vielmini.
The prospect of Uzbekistan’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Union has been one of the most internally debated topics of 2019. This brief reviews potential advantages as well as challenges for Tashkent. Find out more
4. Policy Brief on "Digital Economy of Uzbekistan in the Context of Regional Development: Prospects and Challenges" by Senior Research Fellow Rauf Salahodjaev.
5. Policy Brief on "The Role of Science in the Context of National Strategies" by Senior Research Fellow Rauf Salahodjaev.