- PhD in Linguistics, the Uzbek State World Languages University, 2005
- MEd Educational Leadership, Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies, Georgia Southern University, USA, 2010
- Pg Cert, Teaching & Learning, Westminster International University in Tashkent, 2008
- MA Translator-Referent, Department of English Philology and Translation, the Uzbek State World Languages University, 2001
- BA Translator (English and German), Department of Translation, The Uzbek State World Languages University, 1999
- Second Language Acquisition
- Discourse Analysis
- Cognitive Linguistics
- Materials Development
- ICT and Blended Learning
1. Akbarova, S. and Makovskaya, L. (in print). Soft Skills for Report Writing. Teaching Times the international teaching magazine of TESOL France.
2. Akbarova, S. (2017). “Dream” conference – anyone can do it! Active Learning and Teaching of Foreign Languages in Uzbekistan, 2(7), 7-9.
3. Akbarova, S. (2017). Motivating first-year students to acquire academic language. Humanizing Language Teaching, 2. Available from http://www.hltmag.co.uk/apr17/sart.htm
4. Akbarova, S. (2017). Interactive activities for teaching figurative language. Humanizing Language Teaching, 2. Available from http://www.hltmag.co.uk/apr17/sart.htm
5. Akbarova, S. (2017). This is how I use Turn-it-in feedback studio. Active Learning and Teaching of Foreign Languages in Uzbekistan, 1(6), 22-24.
6. Akbarova, S. (2016). Project based learning (PBL) teaching method as a way to succeed in the English language classroom. Active Learning and Teaching of Foreign Languages in Uzbekistan, 2(3) 16-18.
1. Akbarova, S. and Makovskaya, L. (2017). Soft Skills for Report Writing. The 36th Annual International TESOL France Colloquium, Paris, 17-19 November 2017.
2. Akbarova, S. and Makovskaya, L. (2017). Contribution of Academic English module to graduate employability. WIUT Learning and Teaching Symposium, Tashkent, 26 May 2017.
3. Akbarova, S. (2017). Academic and employability skills in Academic English curriculum. Modern Trends in Teaching Foreign Languages: Achievements, Challenges and Solutions, International conference by the Republican Scientific-Practical Center for Developing Innovative Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages, Tashkent, 13-14 May 2017.
4. Akbarova, S. (2017). Blended peer review to facilitate students' academic writing. The Magic of Innovation: New Dimensions in Linguistics and Foreign Language Teaching: 3d international conference, MGIMO University, Moscow, 24-25 March 2017.
5. Акбарова, С. (2016). Художественный портрет – важный элемент для понимания и интерпретации языкового знака. Teaching Foreign Languages: Present and Future. Тeз.док. Междунар.науч.конф. Ташкент, 30 сентября 2016. 254.