Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS)
The course in Pre-Foundation Studies (CPFS) is designed for students of Tashkent lyceums/colleges who wish to study at Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT). The main purpose of the CPFS is to improve English and Mathematical skills of future entrants to WIUT. The modules are delivered in part-time mode, where the same Academic Quality Assurance process and academic delivery structure with WIUT university courses are applied. The classes are held in the first or second halves of a day, depending on the time of classes for students in their lyceums/colleges. The modules are divided into 2 Levels: CPFS Level 1 and Level 2. Upon successful completion of both modules at CPFS Level 2, students can apply for the entrance to Level 3 – International Foundation Studies – which is the first year of the University studies.
Entry requirements for the Certificate of Pre Foundation Studies have been set in order to select potential students who have proven academic ability and are able to demonstrate a solid foundation of skills in both Mathematics and English. Intending students should meet the following criteria:
- Normally there is no age requirements for the academic entry to the CPFS.
English language requirement
- Have at least 60% or higher in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam (or the WIUT Lyceum entrance exam) to enter Level 2 BEAP. Yet, if a candidate has 5.0 or 5.5 of IELTS (unless writing band score is lower than 5.0).
- Have from 40-59% in the WIUT CPFS entrance (or the WIUT Lyceum entrance exam) exam to enter Level 1 BEAP. If a candidate has IELTS certificate, the band score should be 5.0. It is possible to enter with IETLS 4.5 by holding an interview, which will be organised by CPFS Course Leader. In case of TOEFL the score should be 35-45.
Have minimum 40% for the CPFS entrance exam on English or the WIUT Lyceum entrance exam on English for taking the optional module Study Skills.
- Have at least 30% or higher in the WIUT CPFS entrance exam (or the WIUT Lyceum entrance exam, excluding any logic questions) to enter Level 2 BaQS. It is possible to enter BaQS 2 by having minimum 30% of the Maths University entrance exam.
- Have from 20-29% in the WIUT CFS entrance exam (or the WIUT Lyceum entrance exam, excluding any logic questions) to enter Level 1 BaQS.
N.B. Westminster International University in Tashkent reserves the right to amend these entry requirements as the need arises.
Applicants must have completed 9 years of Secondary Education in Uzbekistan (or equivalent in another country); (or 8 years if SE duration is amended) and have received their Middle School Attestat (or equivalent) for taking Intensive modules, BEAP 2 and BaQS 2, as those are core.
A candidate must have a proper level of Math and English skills and knowledge in order to meet the requirements of Level 1 and 2
Documents to Submit
- 4 photos (3×4)
- Passport or birth certificate copy
- Completed WIUT Application form
For more information on entrance exams please download CPFS entrance exam specifications:
For more information on Writing criteria download:
Download ENGLISH EXAM sample questions:
If you haven't found yourself in the list above, please come to the Pre-University registrars office with:
- your printed application form
- copy of your passport or birth certificate
- 4 photos