Summer School “Creative Industry Management”
June 11 – 22, 2018
Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT) in collaboration with Art and Culture Development Foundation, Museum of Contemporary Art "Garage", and the Focus School – held the summer school on “Creative Industry Management” from June 11 – 22, 2018. This two-week training course for young art people took place at WIUT. More than 30 participants from WIUT and other local universities/institutes participated in the training. Participants were selected on a competitive basis based on their interest and background in cinema, photography, and other art disciplines. You can download available presentations from the Summer School here.
- Introduction. Goals, objectives and expectations, Alisher Sabirov (WIUT)
- Presentation of volunteering program, Timur Kamalov
- Understanding creative industry, Anna Trapkova (Museum Garage)
- Introduction to history and theory of art, Ekaterina Lazareva (Museum Garage)
- Accounting and storage of art objects, Alesya Veremyeva (Museum Garage)
- Protection, conservation and restoration of cultural heritage in modern museums, Alesya Veremyeva (Museum Garage)
- Cultural tourism, Alexey Arapov, Mikhail Shamshidov
- Hotel business (Visiting Rovshan/Intercontinental hotel)
- Introduction to the history of the film industry, Mariya Musakova
- Film production, Zulfikar Musakov
- Workshop, Mariya Musakova, Zulfikar Musakov
- Theatre management, Sardor Gaziev (Youth Theatre of Uzbekistan)
- Workshop, Irina Bharat
- Formation of the information field, the audience and the provision of information, Alena Solovyova (Museum Garage)
- Fundraising in cultural institutions, Darya Kotova (Museum Garage)
- Management of museums and art institutions, Anton Belov (Museum Garage)
- Basics of the news channel activity, Davron Karabayev "UzReport TV"
- Tour of the TV channel "UzReport TV"