The Development Strategy Centre, headed by Mr. Eldor Tulyakov, Executive Director, visited the Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT) to discuss research and education collaboration opportunities between the two organisations.
The Centre considers WIUT as on of the leading Thinks Tanks in the country and the region.
The following collaboration areas were discussed:
- WIUT's PhD student research implementation in the real economy.
- Joint writing and preparation of research papers and policy briefs.
- Organisation of a joint strategy forum / research conference to support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and national development strategies.
- Joint international research grants & projects.
- Guest lectures at WIUT by the Development Strategy Centre and other government agencies.
- Organisation of research events / seminars and other similar events.
- Integration tools on national research and education / reforms.
The Development Strategy Center was established in order to coordinate the implementation of Uzbekistan's National Action Strategy on the Five Priority Development Areas 2017-2021, as well as the State Programme "Year of Dialogue with the People and Human Interests". The establishment of the Centre was approved by Presidential Decree.