Department: Academic Support Services
Reports to: Head of Academic Support Services
Duty station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Opening date: 26.09.2022
NOTE: For WIUT graduates only
PURPOSE: The job holder will be responsible for working with both undergraduate and postgraduate students seeking assistance with quantitative disciplines using various teaching/tutoring strategies to help students acquire the necessary skills and competencies.
CONTEXT: WIUT Student Support Services offer academic support, personal and professional development, health and welfare, and information and administrative support to students. Academic support services include Academic Counselling and Advice, Academic Learning Development and International Student Support and Study Abroad. Other sections of the Student Support Services include Career Development Centre, Social Engagement Centre, Counselling and Disability Support, Housing and Residential Support, Health and Sports Centres and Ask.WIUT information service. Student Support Services are currently seeking Academic Learning Development Support Officer who will provide learning support to WIUT student population in the areas of quantitative skills. S/he will report to the Head of Academic Support Services.
To design, deliver and co-ordinate group workshop programmes on mathematics, statistics and other quantitative disciplines aimed to assist students in coping with the studies;
To deliver specialised one-to-one tutoring support to students seeking assistance or demonstrating a need for support with quantitative disciplines, who wish to improve their quantitative skills. This may include the use of diagnostic assessments to formulate individual needs and support plans, and one-to-one skills development sessions to students experiencing difficulties managing their studies;
To support retention of students at risk, and offer support to those who may lack the belief in their capacity or may lack study skills to succeed in studies;
To manage and develop a range of online study materials and resources;
To assist in the preparation of awareness and publicity material relating to academic supports (including posters, flyers, email communications and social media);
To contribute as appropriate to cross-service collaboration on various student support and university-wide initiatives.
- Candidates are expected to hold a first degree or equivalent in related field;
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills and mastery of English;
- Vast knowledge of a range of quantitative and finance courses is highly preferred;
- Knowledge of teaching principles and tutoring strategies is preferred.
- Experience tutoring and teaching is highly preferred
- Evidence of team working and contribution as a team member
APTITUDES, ABILITIES, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Demonstrated ability to provide advice and guidance in the subject area concerned
- Appropriate level of computer literacy
- Evidence of an aptitude for detail and patience as well as good organizational skills
- Evidence of a high level of personal and professional integrity
- The applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment, flexibility, passion and enthusiasm for the subject area.
- Ability to maintain a professional working relationship with students, staff, and faculty.
- Reliable, patient and professional.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the application form online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at http://www.wiut.uz/job-wiut