Department: Academic Registrar's Office
Reports to: Head of Student Performance Section
Duty station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Opening date: 19.01.2023
PURPOSE: To assist the Head of Student Performance in the coordination of assessments administration in accordance with established principles, policies and regulations of WIUT and the University of Westminster. In particular to administer the overall execution of assessment and examinations processing of assessment.
CONTEXT: The University has developed a sustainable model of managing examinations and assessments. Due to the expansion of the University and the need to address organizational matters associated with examinations and assessment, the area of examinations and data preparation needs to be further strengthened to ensure clarity of responsibilities, even distribution of workload and effective management of the area. The job holder will be required to use a photocopier to print assessment/examination papers in the Exam room. This is a highly sensitive position which requires integrity and confidentiality.
- To be responsible particularly for exam/assessment as designated by the Head of Student Performance;
- To be responsible for the organization of exams, preparation of exams and invigilation timetables, exam rooms etc.
- To be responsible for the process of exam/assessment script printing in accordance with the University policies and procedures. Able to keep a strict record of materials used;
- To assist in the processing of performance data, mitigating circumstances, assessment offences and other assessment related information;
- To administer the systems of course work retrieval, and processing as well as exam administration;
- To assist in adherence to the assessment timetable of the University, in particular the coordination of deadlines for assessment;
- To make sure that all the administrative work is done in accordance with existing policy, regulations and procedures;
- To make sure that all processes and practices are followed with full integrity and all irregularities are reported firstly to the Head of Student Performance or the Academic Registrar;
- To undertake personal and professional development appropriate to the post;
- To undertake other duties at a similar level of responsibility and challenge as and when required in consultation with the Head of Student Performance or Academic Registrar.
The person appointed to this post should be able to demonstrate the following essential elements.
- Candidates are expected to hold a first degree or equivalent;
- Candidates should have a good understanding of English to be able to communicate with colleagues in the University of Westminster and understand written regulations in English;
- Knowledge of repair maintenance of equipment.
- Experience in using photocopying equipment;
- Evidence of work experience in administrative positions;
- Evidence of team working and contribution as a team member;
- Evidence of dealing with detail and pressure;
- Advanced experience in the use of information technology.
Aptitudes, Abilities, Skills and Personal Qualities
- Appropriate level of computer literacy;
- Evidence of an aptitude for detail, patience and follow systems and procedures;
- Evidence of a high level of personal and professional integrity;
- The applicants will need to demonstrate their commitment, flexibility, passion and enthusiasm for the subject area;
- Ability to prioritize and be attentive to detail;
- Able to keep confidentiality;
- Ability to communicate effectively with others;
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the application form online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at http://www.wiut.uz/job-wiut