Entrepreneur in Residence
Department: innoWIUT Entrepreneur's Lab
Reports to: Director of innoWIUT
Duty station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Opening date: 20.06.2022
Closing date: 11.07.2022
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
Entrepreneur in residence provides trainings on innovation and entrepreneurship to WIUT students and faculty members as well as nonWIUT related residents to launch innovative projects and entrepreneurial initiatives. The post will manage the process of facilitating the creation of new technology based start-ups, providing business solutions to local SMEs and social projects. Entrepreneur in residence will be responsible for initiating and managing synergetic partnership between WIUT and local industry as well as international entrepreneurs and SMEs.
- Build an innovative entrepreneurship ecosystem within WIUT in collaboration with experienced entrepreneurs (local and global);
- Design and implement training programs on Design Thinking and Creativity, Innovation & New Business Ventures and Entrepreneurial Finance;
- Lead and consult student teams within the framework of Tech-Entrepreneurship program, Business Consulting and Solutions program and Social-Sustainable Entrepreneurship program;
- Establish mutually beneficial partnerships between WIUT and local/international entrepreneurs, SMEs within the framework of Lab’s operations;
- Close collaboration with local large corporations.
Qualification and experience
- Academic degree in Business Administration, Economics or a related field;
- Extensive knowledge of the local entrepreneurship ecosystem and global trends;
- Professional experience as trainer of entrepreneurship or a related field;
- At least 5 years of entrepreneurship, start-up and training experience in the local ecosystem;
- Experience of collaboration with local/international entrepreneurs/SMEs is preferred;
- Fluency in Uzbek and Russian. Knowledge of spoken English is strongly preferred.
Aptitudes, Abilities, Skills and Personal Qualities
- Flexibility and ability to work and manage in a start-up environment of a new institution in a challenging environment;
- Entrepreneurial disposition, innovative mindset and drive for results;
- Excellent presentation and training skills;
- ICT and Project planning skills;
- Ability to design training materials in the area of innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments;
- Ability to lead a team of students and faculty;
- Open and critical, supportive yet assertive attitude to colleagues;
- Good understanding of the national ecosystem of new-technology based entrepreneurship.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the application form online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at http://www.wiut.uz/job-wiut