Duty station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Reports to: Head of Department
Date posted: 05.10.2022
Westminster International University in Tashkent (WIUT) is the first international university in Uzbekistan to offer a Western-style education with UK qualifications. WIUT was established in 2002 in conjunction with the "UMID" Presidential Foundation, the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, and the University of Westminster in London. WIUT is still a young university with nearly 5,000 students and more than 140 full-time faculties, but with an established presence and a growing international reputation. WIUT has blended the traditions and standards of British education with the culture and environment of Central Asia.
WIUT’s development strategy is based on three strategic affairs of the University: Student Experience, Staff Experience, and Society Engagement. Our Strategic Priorities are focused on enhancing these three pillars by Strengthening, Smartening and Sustaining them. For more information: https://www.wiut.uz/
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The university has developed an environment and a set of policies that encourages the development of a professional relationship amongst all colleagues, in particular, it wishes to promote a professional relationship with academic staff that encourages a commitment to and delivery of an assured level of quality of teaching, research, learning, scholarship and corporate engagement. This requires a culture of mutual respect, personal responsibility and a commitment to the highest standards of professional engagement. The university offers a range of the University of Westminster validated courses, and has developed a range of related subject areas covering, for example; Business, Business Information Systems, Commercial Law, Economics, Finance, Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, English for Academic Purposes, etc. A Teaching Assistant will be appointed to a subject area and is expected to undertake seminars, workshops teachings, and assist module leader(s) and lectures with duties relating to the development, delivery, and administration of a module or set of modules. A Teaching Assistant is also expected to engage in scholarly activity that underpins the delivery and development of the modules. A Teaching Assistant is also expected to engage in institutional projects, events, and community service relating to the mission and direction of the university.
To teach and undertake assessment marking on a range of module seminars and workshops at Pre-foundation or/and 'Foundation ( Pre-Foundation Studies course (CPFS) and Certificate of International Foundation Studies (CIFS) courses' level modules such as Foundation of Finance, see more: http://www.wiut.uz/pre-foundation and wiut.uz/foundation
- To assist the Module Leader in developing teaching and assessment materials within the subject area.
- To undertake scholarly activity as appropriate in the subject area, to support the curriculum, teaching, assessment, and learning resources for the modules, courses, and related educational provision of the university.
- To undertake the administrative and organizational requirements of teaching and related professional educational provision.
- To undertake personal and professional development to support the teaching and scholarly activities.
- To undertake other duties at a similar level of responsibility and challenge as and when required in consultation with the Head of Department.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates are expected to hold a minimum Bachelor degree (1st or 2.1 honors requirement), relevant professional qualification, preferably from UK Higher Education HE.
- Candidates should be fluent in English either with 7.0 IELTS or a subject qualification taught and assessed in English as per the policy on Academic staff.
- An understanding of the requirements for teaching in a British HEI.
- Evidence of awareness of professional interest and scholarly activity in the area.
ATTITUDES, ABILITIES, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Commitment, flexibility, passion, and enthusiasm for the subject area.
- Interest in teaching.
- Appropriate level of computer literacy.
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills, including presentation and communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please complete this application form online and upload
(1) a cover letter indicating the position applied, past teaching and research experience, reasons why the position is of interest, evaluation of your fit with the Department’s teaching and research profile
(2) an up-to-date CV
(3) copy and transcripts of diploma (Bachelors)
(4) contact information for 2 professional references
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Review other job vacancies at: www.wiut.uz/job-wiut